The focus will be on historical content from a study of The Pacific 1870 – 1970s. The rationale is to foster in more mature Year 13 candidates a deeper knowledge and understanding of their own histories.
By the end of this course, students are expected to:
- develop an understanding of the history of the Pacific region over an extended time period;
- develop an understanding of their own heritage as well as the heritages of others;
- develop a critical approach to historical sources and evidence;
- develop the skills of presenting a sustained and coherent historical argument; and
- develop the skills of independent historical research and communication of historical ideas and evidence