SPFSC Syllabus (1.96 MB)
2020 History Scoring Rubric (1.16 MB)
2017 History Scoring Rubric (768.49 KB)
2018 History Scoring Rubric (437.82 KB)
2019 History Scoring Rubric (523.51 KB)
This course is designed for Pacific Island students who may undertake further studies in History at a tertiary institution as well as for those students who will complete their formal education at the end of Year 13 or Form 7.
The focus will be on historical content from a study of The Pacific 1870 – 1970s. The rationale is to foster in more mature Year 13 candidates a deeper knowledge and understanding of their own histories.
By the end of this course, students are expected to:
- develop an understanding of the history of the Pacific region over an extended time period;
- develop an understanding of their own heritage as well as the heritages of others;
- develop a critical approach to historical sources and evidence;
- develop the skills of presenting a sustained and coherent historical argument; and
- develop the skills of independent historical research and communication of historical ideas and evidence