Applied agriculture is designed to stimulate students' interest in and
enjoyment of primary production in agriculture. It aims to help students:
- understanding the relationships between consumer requirements and sustainable primary production,
- recognise and understand the biological, environmental and economic principles involved in the production of marketable primary produce, and to apply these principles to selected examples,
- recognise and understand the value and importance of sustainable primary production principles to the Pacific Islands,
- understand the regulatory controls that affect primary production,
- apply scientific methods in a local field and laboratory studies of selected types of primary production
- foster a continuing interest in primary production and an awareness of the diverse vocational opportunities in agriculture.