The SPFSC Accounting course is designed to equip students with the foundational understanding of accounting information, at least within the context of financial partnerships and companies. This means, following the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
• understand and apply the foundations, concepts and assumptions on which accounting is based,
• process financial data into meaningful information,
• understand the systems and controls required to ensure financial data is processed accurately and efficiently,
• prepare financial reports in accordance with the standard professional and legal requirements,
• to be able to analyse and interpret financial reports, and
• make informed decisions based on financial and non-financial information.